Project planning: Getting started
Habitat restoration project planning and implementation depend on habitat type, project goals, jurisdiction, funding, and many other factors. The following links provide information about aspects of the restoration process. For more information, consult the References page. People listed on the Contacts page are available to answer questions and facilitate restoration efforts.
General framework for project planning and implementation
- Identify project site(s).
- Define project goals and objectives.
- Develop partnerships.
- Secure funding.
- Obtain permits.
- Design and implement restoration plan.
- Monitor the site before and after restoration.
- Salt marsh
- Eelgrass bed
- Anadromous fish habitat (riverine)